A man in Spangle died in April due to injuries that he incurred as the result of a car accident that occurred on Highway 195. At the time the accident occurred, the man was traveling north when his vehicle left the road and began to roll. The driver was subsequently ejected from his vehicle while it was still rolling. The man was later pronounced dead at a nearby medical facility.
Rollover accidents are often more complicated than many other types of motor vehicle accidents. Statistically, rollover accidents represent a small amount of motor vehicle crashes that occur, but these accidents represent a high percentage of fatalities due to car accidents. As a result, people who are impacted by rollover accidents frequently find it essential to obtain the help of a skilled accident attorney.
Causes of Rollover Accidents
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration reports that 95% of rollover accidents involving a singular vehicle are caused by “tripping,” which occurs when a vehicle strikes a curb and flips over. Some of the other causes of rollover accidents include:
- Defects in tires or blowouts
- Hazardous conditions including poorly maintained roads and adverse weather conditions
- Untripped rollovers, which occur during high-speed collisions
- Vehicles with high centers of gravity (including full-sized vans, minivans, and SUVs) which are more likely to become involved in rollovers.
No matter how a rollover accident is caused, however, the results can be serious. If a person is ejected from a vehicle or the vehicle collapses, the results can be particularly serious. As a result, people who are impacted by these accidents often end up facing serious injuries.
What to do After a Rollover Accident Occurs
Rollover crashes are often so serious that it is important to take some important steps immediately after the accident, which include:
- Obtain medical attention as soon as possible even if you do not believe that you have been seriously injured. In addition to making sure that you obtain adequate treatment, receiving medical attention also helps to make sure that the resulting injuries are documented.
- Contact law enforcement and provide an account about how the accident happened. This will result in an accident report being created, which can prove to be particularly helpful.
- Speak with a seasoned accident attorney. An accident attorney who is well versed in what it takes to obtain compensation in a rollover case can help to make sure that you receive adequate compensation.
Contact Our Law Office Today
If you or a loved one was involved in a rollover accident, the resulting injuries and damage can be particularly severe. Fortunately, you are often able to pursue legal compensation if a road was poorly maintained, construction was inadequately marked, any part of a vehicle was defective, a vehicle's airbag failed to deploy, or another driver acted in a negligent manner. Speak with an attorney at West Law Office to obtain the assistance of legal counsel who will remain committed to fighting for the compensation that you deserve.
(image courtesy of Oscar Nilsson)